Out to the Woods CIC is responsible for ensuring that it uses that Personal Data in compliance with data protection laws.
Out to the Woods CIC is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (Reference ZB047726) and as such we abide by the responsibilities set out by them as a data controller.
The type of personal information we collect.
We currently collect and process the following information:
· Name, email and contact telephone number.
· Medical information – allergies, vaccinations and relevant health information.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for the following reasons:
· To enable us to contact participants to make bookings or cancellations., in the event of inclement weather.
· To be able to contact you in the event of an emergency.
· To make us aware of any health concerns or issues so that participants can have a safe and enjoyable experience whilst in the community forest school.
Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases upon which we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent -you can remove your consent at any time by contacting us by email with the subject heading Withdraw consent.
(b) We have a legal obligation.
(c) We have a vital interest.
(d)We have a contractual obligation (if we enter into a for those participants with whom we enter into a contract
How we store your personal information
We have controls in place to maintain the security of our information and information systems. Files are protected with safeguards according to the sensitivity of the relevant information. Appropriate controls (such as restricted access) are placed on our computer systems. Physical access to areas where Personal Data is gathered, processed or stored is limited to authorised employees.
Your data protection rights.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
· Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
· Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
· Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
· Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
· Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
· Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
· You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you wish to make a request, then please use the Contact us form and begin your message with: My data protection rights.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can use the Contact us form and begin with your message with: Complaints
We are proud to announce that we are funded by the National Lottery Community fund